2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 5:15 PM by Naveen Chakrapani

DE 7.1 & FRP 4.3

ittech

Hey everybody!

I'm coming up on a situation where at least one shared folder on a windows server is going to have to be encrypted. The department that requires access to this shared folder is the same department where we have deployed McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1 on all of the PCs/laptops. So, I was reading the product guide and best practices for FRP 4.3 and came across this beauty:

1) Does that mean I can't install the FRP 4.3 client on machines that already have the DE 7.1 client installed?

2) If this is an issue, is there a way that FRP can just be installed on the server with the shared drive and the machines can still access the folder without the client?

Thanks for the help

• 1. Re: DE 7.1 & FRP 4.3
          jhall2

1. There is no issue with installing EEPC or MDE to systems running FRP / EEFF. This implies encryption products from 3rd parties.

2. FRP is not supported to be installed on servers, only client machines.

• 2. Re: DE 7.1 & FRP 4.3
            Naveen Chakrapani

Just to add on to the previous comment, just like you would not want to have two anti-virus products on the same machine, the same holds good for file-level encryption products as well.

Disk encryption and file-level encryption products operate at two different levels, and can co-exist with each other.

You may find this POC guide useful, the section around "Folder encryption for HR share" in particular: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4473