2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2014 10:00 AM by mbenali

I haved mcafee firewall s2008,  i can not login  my device,  i do not password in bios, how to login or reset factory default for my device

doanhoa101

Help me, please !!! I haved mcafee firewall s2008,  i can not login  my device,  i do not password in bios, how to login or reset factory default for my device

• 2. Re: I haved mcafee firewall s2008,  i can not login  my device,  i do not password in bios, how to login or reset factory default for my device
          mbenali

Hi,

Have you tried the following:

REGISTERED - Firewall Enterprise/Sidewinder/Secure Firewall: Recovering Your Password

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:    KB63208
          Version:    7.0
          Created:    August 17, 2007
          Last Modified:    April 11, 2011

Summary
          NOTE: This article is viewable only by registered ServicePortal users.

Solution
          You can use the following procedure to recover a forgotten administrator password.

To change your administrator account password:
          Attach a keyboard and monitor directly to your firewall.

Reboot the firewall by pressing the power button or entering CTRL+ALT+DEL (you will be asked if you want to core, enter 'n' for no, then enter 'y' to reboot).

Select Emergency Maintenance Mode at the second boot menu. You can ignore the first menu to boot into the VCD/current/alternate slice.

Press ENTER when asked what shell patch to use. The system prompt appears.

Enter the following command to change your password:

cf adminuser modify username=<name> password=<newpassword>

where <name> is the administrator account username and <newpassword> is the new password you want to set for the account.

NOTE: Each special character in a password needs to be delimited with a backslash (\). For example, for the password abcd!234, you need to specify abcd\!234.

Reboot to the Operational kernel using the following command:

shutdown -r now

You can now log into the appliance using your new password