2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 9:56 AM by jmhernando

Is it possible to view the repository list in "Subnet distance" option?

jmhernando

Hi,

I have configured the agents to search their repositories with "subnet distance" option configured; I can see the "traceroute" to all repositories, but... How can I see the list with the 5 candidates?.

Thanks in advance,

Jose.

• 1. Re: Is it possible to view the repository list in "Subnet distance" option?
          rackroyd

One place you'd see it inferred is within the local agent log as it recalculates the sitelist.xml

In fact you could also read the local sitelist.xml after too, but there's a lot to work through there. (filter out for the 'enabled' entries).

Point being is the setting is unique for the local machine, and dependent on the calculation made at the time.

I may be wrong, but I don't see this as exposed data to ePO reporting as I don't think the information is sent back to the ePO server from the agent. It's a local calculation.

In short - no. not easily.

• 2. Re: Is it possible to view the repository list in "Subnet distance" option?
            jmhernando

Yes, I can see "order" in SiteList.xml, and the file is modified 2 minutes after message: "Sorting of repositories finished successfully" in agent log.... but the order is wrong and it's equal from systems in differents subnets... I think traceroute/ping doesn't work fine in McAfee Agent. Does anyone know the algorithm?

Always the first repositories are the "Agent Handlers" (in headquarters)... it's ilogical.