2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2014 6:58 PM by exbrit

Quarantine items

gcooley

When I open the mcAfee security center and navigate to the "quarantine" list of viruses, the window animation never stops (to allow me to view the list of items that have been quarantined.

• 1. Re: Quarantine items
          exbrit

It will eventually load but perhaps there are so many entries it is having difficulty doing so.  I have no idea what operating system this is but it is possible to empty the Quarantine folder using another method.

First open SecurityCenter and go to Navigation > General Settings and Alerts and open Access  Protection and disable that.

Then enable View Hidden Files and Folders in Windows Explorer (any internal Windows page) Tools/Folder Options/View

Go to C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine and click Edit/Select All

Click Shift and Delete simultaneously and the folder should empty.

Take care to delete only the contents of that folder, not the folder itself.

Re-enable Access Protection as mentioned above and click Apply and then exit SecurityCenter.

Those instructions are for Vista/Windows 7/8/8.1. 

For XP the folder is found at:  C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\McAfee\Virusscan

If that doesn't help, I recommend you run a few extra tools such as Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, see the last link in my signature below.

If that doesn't improve matters we'll have to think of something else.

Toronto ▪ Canada
          Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
          I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
          Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
          Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

• 2. Re: Quarantine items
            exbrit

Sorry about the mixed fonts but this board is acting up.