1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 6:27 PM by catdaddy

False Artemis!9453231246CC

b0por

False Artemis!9453231246CC

Eduroam is a piece of software that installs a configuration utility that allows you to connect to public wifi hotspots at participating universities (eg. UCD) and have encrypted connection to the internet. It says it's an "authentication access network" but I think it's something like a VPN for public university wifi. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduroam

Link removed:

• 1. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
          catdaddy

b0por,

If you feel that this piece of Software is Legitimate,then I suggest you follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the following Link What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

I might add that Site Advisor itself, rates the (Download) you inserted as "Dangerous"

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 2. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
            Peacekeeper

Link removed it is against forum terms of service to attach possible infected files. Zip it up as CD says in the link and send it to Mcafee plaese

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
              b0por

Thanks I have indeed already followed the guide. I had already emailed it. As per the guide I made a post here.

I have received an email back saying the automated scan couldn't determine if it was malware so now it will be manually looked at.

I've taken a look at site advisor and don't really understand why it says "Phishing" is a threat from it. It's a VPN I think so I guess it's possible if someone is monitoring the other end? I dunno. But it's better than public wifi whose use can be vulnerable to constant man-in-the-middle attacks. Of course using public wifi at a uni will never be fully secure, but I dunno what else better than eduroam could exist. Hopefully mcafee will sort this out. AVG says the file is clean.

• 4. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
                catdaddy

@ b0por,

Please allow the appropriate time (4-5) business days for McAfee to analyze/process. As they obtain 150,000 Detections and more per day. If not resolved after this time, please post back the Anaylysis ID # then we can quite possibly expedite the process,by contacting a McAfee Labs Technician.

Also, I noticed you said (AVG) ? I hope that you are not running it in addition to McAfee? For that in itself can cause Conflicts/Issues. Running (2) active Anti-Virus Applications can actually leave one susceptible to infection.

Al the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
                  b0por

Thanks for the concern. But I just have a couple of machines with different anti-viruses installed. I use AVG Free 2014 on my Windows Vista and Windows 7 machines. But I have to use McAfee on my new Windows 8 because AVG caused Blue Screens of Death on Windows 8 for some reason... Luckily I bought a McAfee subscription with the new machine.

• 6. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
                    catdaddy

Ahhhh, I see. Had me concerned there for a minute.

Hopefully we,ll hear something first of the week on your submission.

• 7. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
                      nkelly

Hi,

The detection has been reviewed and suppressed as the file was confirmed to be non-malicious. It should no longer be detected by GTI.

Regards,

Nick

• 8. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
                        catdaddy

Thanks Nick !  

• 9. Re: False Artemis!9453231246CC
                          catdaddy

@b0por,

Your Submission has been determined to not be malicious, per Post #7. Could you please verify that your issue has been resolved?

Wishing you all the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

1 2 Previous Next