5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 2:21 PM by twenden

Stability ePO 5.1.1

erruim

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the ePO 5.1.1 is stable or if he has presented many problems as occurred with ePO 5.0.1?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Stability ePO 5.1.1
          twenden

We migrated from ePO 4.6.7 to ePO 5.1.0 and then upgraded to 5.1.1. I am happy with this 64 bit version of ePO and have not had any issues with using the product. Have been running ePO 5.1x for about 4 months. In our environment we have about 1600 systems connected to the server. The only issue that I did see was trying to apply the patch to go from version 5.1.0 to 5.1.1 which was resolved with the assistance of McAfee support.

• 2. Re: Stability ePO 5.1.1
            becke

since upgrading from ePO 5.1.0 to ePO 5.1.1 our ePO server crashes about once a week.

all the services are running, memory usage and cpu usage are normal, but it never displays the logon page.

agent handlers continue to run and restarting the web admin server resolves the issue. annoying but not a game killer.

looking through the logs is inconclusive but it may be associated with a temporary interruption to the database that it never recovers from.

• 3. Re: Stability ePO 5.1.1
              ja2013

An option for you is to open a ticket for the purpose of submitting a MER file. They will give you an SR number and the MER can be downloaded from McAfee WebMER . Run it on your ePO server and the resultant file would be uploaded to McAfee to be investigated for a cause. Use your time wisely now and it may save you time later on. Don't ignore these early warning signs.

Jay

• 4. Re: Stability ePO 5.1.1
                pierce

Hey twenden, I am about to patch ePo from 5.1.0 to 5.1.1, what issue did you have? anything I should be on the look out for as an early warning?

thanks,

Pierce

• 5. Re: Stability ePO 5.1.1
                  twenden

We ran into issues where the install would rollback. Support told us to run setup the following way so that it does not rollback.

setup.exe DEBUGOUTPU=2

We had issues with Java not starting up correctly. Each time it fails we were told to check the C:\Users\epomanager\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfeeLogs\EPO510-Install-MSI.LOG log and search for RemoteClient Command line . The first error required us to enter the admin username and password for the installer to continue. You may not see the same issues.