5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 10:45 PM by Peacekeeper

Artemis!58DC6F40DB6E

artemis97

Hi everyone welcomed with the file needed to be quarantined by Mcafee security. Any help with this woud be great cheers

• 1. Re: Artemis!58DC6F40DB6E
          Peacekeeper

Are you saying you have this detection and think it is a false detection or want more info  re this detection.

for First issue

What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

for second That name is a generic name McAfee gives any unknown detection. Try retrieving it from the quarantined area (In navigation quarantined and trusted items) and submit it to www.virustotal.com and see if other scanners detect it.

McAfee Artemis Technology is the first always-on, real-time protection that secures enterprises and consumers from threats as they strike. It dramatically shortens the time to detection and resolution, keeping your systems safe and your business up and running

• 2. Re: Artemis!58DC6F40DB6E
            artemis97

Its from mcafee internet security suite 2014 and i dont know what the file is, As all i get is a code etc! What i do need to know is do i trust the file or quarantine it? thanks for your time.

• 3. Re: Artemis!58DC6F40DB6E
              Peacekeeper

Does it give you the option to trust it I would assume not as this only for PUPS (Potentially Unwanted  Programs ) and Trojans not usually safe to ignore. Some Artemis detections can be a false detection so you need to find the file these are usually found in Navigation quarantined and trusted items / Quarantined items  You can restore it and (you might need to disable real time scanning as you do this zip up the file with password of Infected as in the link I gave you.

When you email it you will get an immediate reply if done correctly post the analysis id number here and if not response here or to you in 4 days post back and I will expedite things.

If not in quarantine area look in the security history around the time it was detected the name might be there.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Artemis!58DC6F40DB6E
                nkelly

Hi,

The file has been reviewed and confirmed to be non-malicious. It should no longer be detected by GTI. The file is related to AnyProtect Online Backup.

Regards,

Nick

• 5. Re: Artemis!58DC6F40DB6E
                  Peacekeeper

Please check that everything is ok now