3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 11:31 AM by fitchsoccer342

Create more than 15 exceptions to IPS Client Rules

mjw3428

Hi all,

I realize there are probably reasons why you can only create 15 exceptions for IPS Client Rules at a time, but is there any way around this limit?

Is there a tool or script that will enable you to approve several pages of exceptions at once?

Regards

Matt

• 1. Re: Create more than 15 exceptions to IPS Client Rules
          fitchsoccer342

How are you trying to setup your exceptions? Are you going into the Exception Rules and then trying to add tons of signatures into one exception rule?

• 2. Re: Create more than 15 exceptions to IPS Client Rules
            mjw3428

Hi,

I am using the EPO Console and selecting Reporting > Host IPS 8.0 then the relevant OU and IPS Client Rules. Within here I can see the exceptions being created by adaptive mode and then select the ones I want to turn into a policy.

I have a large number that I am trying to get into a single policy, but don't seem to be able to select more than 15 at a time.

• 3. Re: Create more than 15 exceptions to IPS Client Rules
              fitchsoccer342

So if I am understanding this right, you have a IPS policy where it is in adaptive mode. And you want to add a bunch of signatures that are being blocked, as exception rules to this policy, correct? Under the the IPS Client Rules page, you don't have the option to "select all in all pages" after filtering for the ones you want? Or do you not want all of those as exceptions?

I guess also, If you know all the signature ID's, you can write a query, specifiy those signatures, then when you get the results just highlight them all, and Actions > Make Exceptions and find the policy you want to apply them to.