3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 1:17 PM by catdaddy

Artemis!7B6EEBA32A72

cvanleeuwen

I receive a message about  an Artemis!7B6EEBA32A72 (Trojan) on a shared drive.

Without any indication which file or which shared drive.

How can I see where this trojan has been found?

• 1. Re: Artemis!7B6EEBA32A72
          catdaddy

cvanleeuwen,

I assume you are inquiring about the Consumer Version McAfee Total Protection? By receiving this prompt, indicates your software has detected a Unknown/Suspicious file or program,and has quarantined it. To visually see the detection, and select to remove it from quarantine.

Open your McAfee UI, and click on Navigation/scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted Items/ open Quarantined Items/Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs/select/delete/and remove/restart.

If you feel that it is a Legitimate program, please follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the following Links:

Consumer:What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

Corporate: Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator 1

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: Artemis!7B6EEBA32A72
            cvanleeuwen

a)

Your assumption about  McAfee Total protection is right

b)

Quarantined and Trusted Items:
            all 3 lists are empty.

c)

I also received a message that the (network) share has not enough rights.
            But McAFee is not mentioning which share; so I don't no where to look.   

I scanned ked all my shares separately with McAFee but McAFee does not report a problem.
            But still I receive every day an Artemis message.

d)

These files are not their anymore or mention in the Quarantined and Trusted Items list:

• 3. Re: Artemis!7B6EEBA32A72
              catdaddy

cvanleeuwen,

Evidently you are accessing a Program that McAfee detects as Suspicious/Unknown, if this occurs on a (Daily) basis. I recommend running the Latest Getsusp (Please remember to enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning.

I would follow up with Malwarebytes (Free), to keep it (Free) Do not accept the Free Trial Offer/ or Activate. The (Free) Version will suffice. You can find these Superb Free Tools and others in the following Link:

Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Regards,

Catdaddy