6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 10:59 PM by SIEMer SIEMer

MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3

msaviano3

Has anyone successfully activated MDE 7.1.1 on a Surface Pro 3?  We have an open case with Microsoft and they state they have a customer that has this working however they will not share the details.  McAfee is also unable to provide a working solution at this time.

• 1. Re: MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3

Microsoft are not providing the required standard UEFI interfaces at the moment. They are ignoring the standard, and it's not something we can work around - no hardware interface API is impossible for us to rectify.

Perhaps you could consider McAfee MNE2.0 instead?

• 2. Re: MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3
            msaviano3

Thanks for the quick reply.  Microsoft contacted us yesterday and was able to identify that disabling TPM resolved the issue.  We have a functional Surface Pro 3 that is encrypted with MDE 7.1.1

MDE was able to install, activate, create the PBFS and begin encryption however we would get a black screen once the system was rebooted.  Disabling TPM now allows the SP3 to continue the boot process into Windows.

• 3. Re: MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3
              SIEMer SIEMer

Hi All,

Anyone has an idea or experniced the same please? It's so urgent I have over 65 surface pro3 Win 8.1 and some works just fine and most are not.

After installing DE 7.1 agent and the provider and after the first restart and conduct a couple of "collect and send", " send events". the status changes Creating Event to request data for local domain users and then stuck on "searching for encryption provider"

We have upgraded to extension DE

I had other 8,000 system activated with same EPO configuration. But these Surface Pro 3 Win 8.1 are failing to activate.  I also have some of the Surface Pro 3 are activated as well.

MDE Status had "Waiting From Information" on top bar and inside the desccryption , NO information is available"

Mfe log shows this error.

2015-02-19 22:45:27,570 ERROR MfeEpePcEncryptionProviderPlugin Failed to get all required system objects during initialization: [0xCF000001] Failed to execute method

Computermgt is show one HDD and it is not encrypted with BitLocker.

UEFI is on latest update.

• 4. Re: MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3
                awbattelle

We are leaning towards MNE at the moment. I think getting MDE to work on these might be more trouble than it's worth.

• 5. Re: MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3
                  crackerjak

DE7.1 is working on ~75 surface pro 3. Biggest issue is the tiny preboot screen and we had to change the policy to not lock out after x days since date time resets after the battery dies

• 6. Re: MDE 7.1.1 activation on a Surface Pro 3
                    SIEMer SIEMer

SafeBoot,

Thanks for your input! I totally agree and Microsoft ended up sending a drivers updated in order to fix this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts.