2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 12:37 PM by samhobbs

Weatherbug

samhobbs

I have Antivirus Plus. I would provide detailed version information but the About page will not let me copy and paste.

I also have the current version of the WeatherBug desktop. I have had it installed for many months.

For the past few days, starting about September 5, McAfee has been blocking suspicious connections from/by WeatherBug. I get the message from McAffee spontaneously. A sample of the popup is at the bottom of this.

Today when I executed WeatherBug it said I do not have a connection. It did however eventually work.

I am not sure if the problem is with McAfee, WeatherBug or malicious software associated with WeatherBug. I am not getting the problem from other web sites and I do use the internet extensively.

At the moment I am not prevented from doing anything; everything works with only minor inconvenience. If there is a bug somewhere in either McAfee or WeatherBug then I probably will prefer to leave it for them to figure out. If there is actual malicious software then I should try to diagnose it.

What additional information should I provide here? I probably do not need a detailed procedure describing where to find the information but a little help will be appreciated.

McAfeeWeatherbug.png