2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 1:38 AM by Peacekeeper

McAfee AVS

amarj

Dear Friends,

I am totally new to this product.We have procured the following product licenses and need to install latest EPO.. how to download the  below mentioned MFE products.

SKU/Desscrption                                                                             Quantity

EPSCGE-BA                                                                                       600

MFE Endpoint Protection P:3GL[P+]ComUPGD,

DLPCDE-AA

MFE Data Loss Prvtn Endpoint P:1G[P+]                                             600

DTSCTE-AB

MFE Server Security Suite Adv P:1 GL[P+]                                            15

1. How we can integrate McAfee ePO server with seperate database server?
      2. We are having 650+ clients and consedering future expansion upto 5000 desktops in span of next 5 years which version we shoud opt(We are having SQL 2012 Standard and Entersprise both the licenses)?
      3. Is there stepwise documentation with screenshots available for the post installation configuration for Antivirus client policies and Data Loss prevention(SKU/Description-MFE Endpoint Protection P:3GL) suite which we have procured
      4. We have SKU/Description-DTSCDE-AB/MFE Server Security Suite Adv P:1 how to install McAfee client on ESXI 5.5 update1 Host and It's runing VMs and Windows Hyper-V Hosts and it's running VMs?
      5. For Desktop Agents handling and server security handling console is different or same EPO console is suffice? How to configure server security for manging 15 physical servers and it 's respective VMs ?

Regards,

Amar J

• 1. Re: McAfee AVS
          mbenali

Hi Amar,

Please find my answer below:

1. How we can integrate McAfee ePO server with seperate database server?

During ePO installation, you can specify a external database if you don't want to use SQL express

2.We are having 650+ clients and consedering future expansion upto 5000 desktops in span of next 5 years which version we shoud opt(We are having SQL 2012 Standard and Entersprise both the licenses)?

You can find some information via the link below:

http://www.mcafee.com/uk/products/epolicy-orchestrator.aspx#vt=vtab-SystemRequir ements

Otherwise, if you drop me an email at mehdi_benali@mcafee.com, I can share a document with you on database sizing.

3.Is there stepwise documentation with screenshots available for the post installation configuration for Antivirus client policies and Data Loss prevention(SKU/Description-MFE Endpoint Protection P:3GL) suite which we have procured

You can find some product guide, installation guides and best practice guides on McAfee web site. Some of them have screen shots.

4.We have SKU/Description-DTSCDE-AB/MFE Server Security Suite Adv P:1 how to install McAfee client on ESXI 5.5 update1 Host and It's runing VMs and Windows Hyper-V Hosts and it's running VMs?

This product is McAfee Server Security Suite advanced with some products adapted specifically for Virtual environments like MOVE. MOVE is fully managed via ePO and pretty easy to install. You will find some documentation via the software manager and you can check in the product there as well.

5.For Desktop Agents handling and server security handling console is different or same EPO console is suffice? How to configure server security for manging 15 physical servers and it 's respective VMs ?

You use the same console when it comes to laptops, servers, databases, mobile devices... No need for another console.

I hope that makes sense.

Mehdi

• 2. Re: McAfee AVS
            Peacekeeper

Best to move this to the corporate area as this is not the best place for it

If this not the correct area point me to it and I will move the post again.

Mehdi not a good idea to expose your email address to being harvested better to request a Private message you both need to follow each other to be able to do this.