5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 9:15 AM by Peter M

"Your Computer is at Risk!" Windows 7 64 bit

macetheace

MaAfee.PNGMcAfee 1.PNGHello

Hello, I'm getting this "Your Computer is at Risk!" pop-up window constantly on my windows 7 64 bit computer.

I don't know what the problem is?

McAfee doesn't say what the problem is or what to do about it?

So this pop-up keeps coming back.

What is the solution to this?

• 1. Re: "Your Computer is at Risk!" Windows 7 64 bit
          llamamecomoquieras

Hi there,

Can you see any error en the event viewer?

Best regards,

José María

• 2. Re: "Your Computer is at Risk!" Windows 7 64 bit
            Peacekeeper

Can you click on issues found? Should say FIX

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: "Your Computer is at Risk!" Windows 7 64 bit
              willsonlebig

Hello my friend macetheace,

You say that: ''I don't know what the problem is? McAfee doesn't say what the problem is or what to do about it? So this pop-up keeps coming back.''

Please follows this link and read carefully Understanding a McAfee Security Scan Plus Report

You will get your questions answered!!!

• 4. Re: "Your Computer is at Risk!" Windows 7 64 bit
                catdaddy

Hi willsonlbeig,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. Judging by your "Screenshots",there seem to be several issues going on here. First of all, you can  go to your Control Panel/Programs/Features and safely uninstall (McAfee Security Scan Plus) it has no protection capabilities at all.

Also it seems that you are running the (12.8) Version of Internet Security, which is understandable since you receive it through your ISP. For they are known to lag behind in Version Upgrades, opposed to when you purchase directly from McAfee.

No need to worry in regards to receiving your daily "Engine Versions" / Updates. As long as your subscription is indeed Active/and functioning properly. It will eventually upgrade to the Latest Version (13.6).  Although your Screenshot shows that your "Real-time Scanning" is (On).

Could you kindly open your McAfee UI, click on Navigation, scroll down to your Real Time Scanning feature/click on it. Assure that it states it is (On). If that is indeed the case, Go to Quarantined and Trusted Items/ Quarantined Items/Quarantined Potentially unwanted Programs and see if there are any Detections. If so, please select/delete/Restart.

After restart and allowing Windows/Programs to fully load, see if your issue still persists?

It could quite possibly be that in some way your installation has become "Corrupt", it happens. If that is the case,and you still have the mentioned issue. I recommend following the Guidelines/Instructions in the following Link to do a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall. How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

However to assure yourself that you have no Malware on Board, I would suggest running the Latest McAfee Getsusp (Please enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning) Followed up by running Malwarebytes (Free)  ( Do not accept the Free Trial offer/or Activate) The Free Version will suffice.

These Superb (Free) Tools and others can be found in the following Link: Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools  After running these scans, please restart and go to the Link above and follow the instructions on how to Uninstall/Reinstall your McAfee Subscription.

Please kindly post back your results....

I might add also, I would schedule a scan to run (Weekly) at a time your PC will be idle.

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

• 5. Re: "Your Computer is at Risk!" Windows 7 64 bit
                  Peter M

Moved this to the General Discussion area as a better spot.

The advice regarding Security Scan Plus, as Catdaddy has said, is irrelevant here.  That software is merely a sales tool to check what software may be needed and should be removed if installed.  It is often an optional extra download with Adobe products, for one example.  Always watch what you are downloading for these extras.

As Peacekeeper has stated, all macetheace needs to do is open the Scan results which it is drawing attention to and click Fix.

As Catdaddy has suggested it may be wise to run some extra tools if malware was found.

Peter

1 of 1 people found this helpful