4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 10:58 AM by Hayton

Points obtained by users on this McAfee Forum

willsonlebig

Hello all,

I want to know what  each user can  do exactly with the points obtained on this forum?

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice week-end!

• 1. Re: Points obtained by users on this McAfee Forum
          Peacekeeper

Nothing really just a way to show those who are active on the forum.

Earn Points and Badges for Helping Out

We value the expertise our members bring to the community and want to recognize these individuals for their contributions. We also want to help other members identify some of the most trusted sources of information this site has to offer. As a result, as members contribute to the community, they can earn points and in some cases, badges. As you create new questions, answer questions, share content across your social spaces, and engage around products, you'll notice your points increase and your collection of badges multiply. To view your online reputation, visit your profile and select More the Reputation.

No they do not add up to rewards I wish  was this what you were after or do you need further info?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Points obtained by users on this McAfee Forum
            willsonlebig

Hi peacekeeper,

I have already seen this information ''Earn Points and Badges for Helping Out''

But, it was not too much clear for me!

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Points obtained by users on this McAfee Forum
              Peacekeeper

It is intended that points be awarded for completing task and badges. This and points for answering posts as well as posting questions is meant to motivate users to post and shows new members who is active on the forum and whose answers might be taken as useful.

That said I personally ignore them and just help out where I can.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Points obtained by users on this McAfee Forum
                Hayton

There is or was a radio show here where the joke catchphrase was "Points mean prizes!"

Alas, that is unlikely to be the case here. All this stuff with badges and points and status is part of the gamification fad. I'm doing my best to ignore it.