3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 3:50 AM by ansarias

on access scan properties gets auto reset after some time

sanmoy

I want to configure different scanning policies for high-risk and low-risk process.

But the problem is, after I make the changes, it holds for few minutes. After that it gets reset. I cannot see the 'low risk processes' and 'high risk processes' icon.

How to make the changes permanent?

idea.png

• 1. Re: on access scan properties gets auto reset after some time
          Peacekeeper

Not consumer I assume enterprise  so moved it there if another product post back and I will move it again

• 2. Re: on access scan properties gets auto reset after some time
            rmetzger

sanmoy wrote:

I want to configure different scanning policies for high-risk and low-risk process.

But the problem is, after I make the changes, it holds for few minutes. After that it gets reset. I cannot see the 'low risk processes' and 'high risk processes' icon.

How to make the changes permanent?

Hi sanmoy,

This is the Enterprise edition. And it is working as designed. ePO is set to 'reset' the configuration AS DESIGNED and this setting is made by your Security/Network Administrator.

One of the responsibilities of the ePO server is to periodically connect to the workstations (and other servers and other devices) via the McAfee Agent. This Agent Server Communication (ASC) initiates several things, including re-enforcing the policies set forth by the ePO Administrator. The McAfee Agent is common to many products, such as HIPs, VSE, Application Control, DLP, etc., etc., etc. This allows the security controls over the network to be centrally controlled, McAfee updates applied, and problems reported. Any changes made (to VSE) locally, are reverted back during the next ASC, thus limiting the time where malware could infiltrate the device and network.

Your ePO administrator is responsible for maintaining good security throughout the network.

Contact your ePO administrator to isolate the problem and make the changes you would like, in partnership.

I hope this helps.

Ron Metzger

• 3. Re: on access scan properties gets auto reset after some time
              ansarias

Well if your machine is connecting to ePO server than in every agent server communication it's resetting with ePO policies.

I'll suggest to contact ePO team so they will add into ePO server so setting will never disappear.