5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2014 9:57 AM by lauren88x

LiveSafe Product Key

lauren88x

Hello,

I wonder if you would be able to help me.

I purchased 2 McAfee LiveSafe retail cards from Currys/PC World so that I havery 2 years protection. I am a new customer, so I registered one card and had no problems, but when I registered the second card, it came up with an error message and no matter how many times I entered the product key, this error message kept popping up. I went to Currys, who informed me that I needed to contact McAfee as they are able to deal with this fault.

I contacted McAfee to let them know of the error message that I kept receiving. The first person I spoke to log the details and said that someone would phone me back within 24 hours. They never did, so I contacted them after 24 hours. They then escalated the problem and someone tried to remotely access my computer to see what the problem was. This again didn't work and they had to then escalate the problem to a higher level.

Basically, to cut a very long story short, I have been told repeatedly that I would receive a phone call within 24/48 hours. I haven't received any phone calls from them, and I have always had to phone them to get an update on what is happening with the retail card. They are unable to give me an answer and it has now been 12 days since I first logged the call. They keep repeating the same processes every time I call.

I was told yesterday that I would receive a call back from McAfee tonight (4/9/14) between 6pm-8PM and I never did. I contacted them AGAIN and was told that I should email the Tier 2.5 Team. I have already done this 4 times and received no reply. I am getting to the point where I'm close to contacting Trading Standards as surely receiving NO information on what is happening with my problem, no phone calls, and no email response is not the correct procedure. I also asked to be put through to the Complaints Department and was refused this... All I want is for the second card to be activated onto my account to give me second year protection.

Why is that SO complicated???

Hope you are able to help!

Thank you,

Lauren