Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is locked
22245 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2011 3:29 AM by Ex_Brit RSS Branched to a new discussion.
Newcomer 1 posts since
Sep 25, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 25, 2009 9:05 PM

Artemis Virus, How do I get rid of it?

I've been having so much trouble with this Artemis! virus on my PC. When I do a full scan of my pc with McAfee, it doesn't show up.

When I install a new program onto my pc, often my virus scan will pop up with a notification that the virus has been detected and removed. However, it seems that McAfee actually deletes a core file of the new program that I installed, making the program unusable. I've found the "Artemis!" virus many times up installing a new program, not always right away (sometimes the program works for a couple of days first), but again, it becomes unusable because Artemis will be detected and "removed".

It seems I can never get rid of this virus completely, it just poofs away for a short time and then re-surfaces somehow. I even completely reformatted my pc and did a factory reset, and im still encountering this virus.

Can anyone help?

Please let me know what more information I need to provide.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)