7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 10:47 AM by ja2013

DEGO Event ID's

mvm_101

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the event ID sent by DEGO to ePO when a drive fails the SMART test?

I'd like to be able to create an automatic response that reacts to a drive failing it's SMART tests.

Thanks

• 1. Re: DEGO Event ID's
          ja2013

Hello,

As a result, or not, there are no associated Event ID's available from the ePO server settings events table regarding SMART. There are a number of error and event descriptions available from automatic responses but nothing around SMART. Here is as close as I got so far. My test included Success not failures, so you would need to tune your settings accordingly. I am trying to test in the lab, so take a look at this and give it a try.

Create the query

1. Create a bar chart query Queries and Reports\Bar Chart\ Change bar labels are S.M.A.R.T. (NEXT)

2. Configure columns to include S.M.A.R.T. (NEXT)

3. S.M.A.R.T. equals Success or Failure (SAVE query as Go: Smart Success)

Create the Tag

SMART OK

Create a system tree group

1. Create a group called SMART SUCCESS

Server Tasks

1. Create a New Task called DEGO - SMART SUCCESS

2. Action 1. Query "Go: Smart Success"

2a. Sub-Actions "Apply Tag" SMART OK

2b. Sub-Actions "Move Systems" to Systems tree location

2c. Disable System Tree Sorting

Automatic Responses

1. Create a New Response called SMART Notifier

2. Event Group are ePO Notification Events and Event Type is set to Client

3. Filter Defined at <System Group you configured>

3a. Detected Is within the last hour

I had limited resources and could not get a system to show as a failure. I also had an issue in the notifier with the system group staying so now I am off to find out why I am getting that symptom. In the meantime give this a try. You can tweak this a little and maybe get closer. Let us know what you came up with.

Jay

• 2. Re: DEGO Event ID's
            llamamecomoquieras

Hi there,

Are those any of the events you looking for?

Sense títol.png

Best regards,

Jose Maria

• 3. Re: DEGO Event ID's
              llamamecomoquieras

By the way under the product guide you can find the list of the events:

https://kb.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 24000/PD24867/en_US/de_710_product_guide…

Best regards,

Jose Maria

• 4. Re: DEGO Event ID's
                mvm_101

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. So far, it looks like DEGO / EEGO does not send any events. My guess is that the DEGO / EEGO test results are sent as system properties.

• 5. Re: DEGO Event ID's
                  ja2013

A video to discuss Pre-Boot Smart check. Thought you would like to see it.

How to Use Pre-Boot Smart Check

• 6. Re: DEGO Event ID's
                    mvm_101

As far as I know, the DEGO tool is not the same as pre boot smart check, but thanks for the link

• 7. Re: DEGO Event ID's
                      ja2013

You are correct. My initial post tried to give you an alternate way for addressing S.M.A.R.T. directly. Even though drives are pretty well built, they do have flaws and they can show sign of degradation. In that case S.MA.R.T. might help but still needs to be enabled in the BIOS.

Good-Luck