1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 5:08 AM by Peacekeeper

IPv4 Connectivity No Internet Access

christian.ruby

I just installed a D-Link DAP1320 WiFi Range extender to my Bell W2WIRE 2701HG-G Wireless Router so that I could extend its WiFi range in an area of our property where it was weak. I have one iPad Air and one iPad Mini and on both of them, I can now select to connect to either my original 2WIRE Wifi Router, or to my new D-Link DAP1320 and both work just fine. The stronger signal makes a huge difference in areas where it was weak before the addition of the D-Link DAP1320 WiFi range extender.

But on my laptop, a Vaio with Windos 7 Professional and with McAfee Total protection, I also can choose now between the original Network SSID and the new Dlink WIFI range extender and I can connect to both with no problem. The only big problem is that when I connect to the new DLINK DAP1320 WIFI range extender, Internet Access will work for a few seconds - meaning that it has some Internet capabilities - but within seconds or a minute at the maximum, my IPv4 Connectivity switches status from "Internet Access" to "No Internet access".  The result is: I now have wider and stronger WiFi signal, but no longer access to Internet. Somehow I read on the web that this might be caused by McAfee and that McAfee has the solution to this problem.

Can anyone help and avise?

Thanks

C. Ruby

Canada

• 1. Re: IPv4 Connectivity No Internet Access
          Peacekeeper

Way to check If McAfee at fault is open security centre and disable first the firewall and check the access then real time scanner (after re-enabling the firewall).

If you see it work post back.

The extender has it an IP I never used one but if it has it should be allowed in the firewall My network connections listing and in the home network settings .

PS we had to alter your logon to remove the rest of your email addy it is not secure to use email addresses as user names. Just remove everything after the @ and password is the same. You will get an official notification about this later on.