4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 7:17 PM by neelima

01. application control, sccm, AD and request for approval

allegiance

1. Request for approval - I want to enable the request for approval feature of Application control but I do not want the users to run it first before requesting for approval. In short I do not want the self-approval feature. Please answer the questions below. Thanks.

a.) If the clients can request for approval on applications that they want to run?.

b.) What are the requirements?

c.) How to implement it?

2. Does Application control supports deployment via Active Directory or System center configuration Manager?

a.) How to trust Active Directory and SCCM on deploying applications?

3.) Does Application control supports roaming users?. For example there is a company that users have no permanent computer and the users are using different applications.

• 1. Re: 01. application control, sccm, AD and request for approval

1. You can "End User Notification" feature for this. Refer to section "Customize end-user notifications" in the Product Guide.

2. Yes, it does. The installer can be deployed using SCCM. Please see steps below to connect back to ePO.

DeployUsingSCCM.png

3. Are you talking about User Based policies? Please provide further details in your example.

• 2. Re: 01. application control, sccm, AD and request for approval

Note :- the Answer to Step (2) is possible only with MAC/MCC V6.1.3 version.

• 3. Re: 01. application control, sccm, AD and request for approval
              allegiance

Hi,

Thanks for your reply neelima. Please see my follow up questions. Thanks.

1. How do I configure request for approval and what are the system requirements for example do I need email client installed etc.

2. We are deploying software updates like Java, Adobe and Microsoft updates to workstations with Application control. When Application control is enabled will it block the installation of the updates from the SCCM and AD?.

3. The company is a call center type and the users are configured to have roaming users. Everyday the users are using different computers depending on what workstations is available. Each user belongs to a group that has allowed/blocked application.

Example:

1. Group 1 - Application 1 is block, Application 2 is allowed

2. Group 2 - Application 1 is allowed, Application 2 is blocked

1st day

Group 1 is using computers 1-5

Group 2 is using computers 6-10

2nd day

Group 1 is using computers 6-10

Group 2 is using computers 1-5

• 4. Re: 01. application control, sccm, AD and request for approval

1. How do I configure request for approval and what are the system requirements for example do I need email client installed etc.

>Look into this "End User Notifications" tab in "Application Control Options" Policy.

2. We are deploying software updates like Java, Adobe and Microsoft updates to workstations with Application control. When Application control is enabled will it block the installation of the updates from the SCCM and AD?.

>No, it should not. We ship OOB policies for SCCM. Having said that you can test the deployment software update by putting a test client in Observe Mode. If there are any new policy requirements, they will show up in "Policy Discovery" page.

3. The company is a call center type and the users are configured to have roaming users. Everyday the users are using different computers depending on what workstations is available. Each user belongs to a group that has allowed/blocked application.

> I am discussing this with my team and get back on this thread when I have an update for this point.

Thanks,