6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2014 7:09 PM by catdaddy

Cinema YB1.1

apd2520

Is it possible to remove Cinema YB1.1 from Windows 7 home service pack 1 and if so how?

• 1. Re: Cinema YB1.1
          catdaddy

@ Apd2520,

May I ask is this a program in which you intentionally installed? If so, have you gone to your Control Panel/Program/Features and attempt to uninstall? Most if not all Reputable Programs comes with a "Clean Uninstaller"

Is this program causing abnormal behavior? You may check your Browsers and look for additional Add ons/Plug ins. I recommend running the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool, please remember to enter your Email Address under " Preferences" before scanning.

I also recommend running Malwarebytes (Free) Version only, followed by Adwcleaner. These Superb (Free) Tools can be found in the following Link:  Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

You may find this article very informative also: How you get tricked into installing Potentially Unwanted Programs

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

• 2. Re: Cinema YB1.1
            catdaddy

I might add, you can click on Start., Then Computer/Downloads/and remove from your list of Downloaded programs.

To remove right click on the program, and delete. Don,t forget to "Empty" your recycle Bin/Restart.

• 3. Re: Cinema YB1.1
              Peter M

There's an excellent removal guide here:  Remove "Ads by Cinema-YB1.1" virus (Easy Removal Guide)

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

• 4. Re: Cinema YB1.1
                catdaddy

Thanks Peter,

You are correct, as I trust Malewaretips Removal Guides. They use some of the same tools I mentioned. I would advise the OP to simply follow your advice by using it...

• 5. Re: Cinema YB1.1
                  apd2520

Thanks, the Adwcleaner got the Cinema YB1.1 removed.  When going to my programs to remove it would not allow the remove action.  Cinema YB1.1 was some type of ad program that continually popped up ads on the screen.

• 6. Re: Cinema YB1.1
                    catdaddy

@ apd2520,

You are perfectly welcome

Please read the additional article I inserted, you can never be too safe...

I might add that the Malwaretips Removal Guide would have done so also.

Glad all is okay...

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1