1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 5:23 PM by catdaddy

False Artemis - B07A1F47EA26

kallel1991

Loaded StarFriend 1.36, and Antivirus detects it as Artemis!B07A1F47EA26.

I tried adding it as an exclusion and restoring the file however it keeps removing the file continuously.

Having me to Disable the Antivirus for a period of time.

Regards,

• 1. Re: False Artemis - B07A1F47EA26
          catdaddy

Hi Kallel1991,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. There is a reason that McAfee keeps detecting it. If you feel that the software indeed is safe, Please refer to the following Link:

What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

Upon successful submission, you should in return receive a confirmation that it is being analyzed.

Please allow the appropriate time to process, (4-5) business days. If your issues have not been resolved after such time, please post back the (Anaylysis ID #) that you received with your confirmation. At that time ,we may be capable of expediting the process by contacting a Tech from McAfee Labs.

I might add also, a lot of times it can depend on where one may download from ,or something has changed in the program.I did notice Site Advisor flagging some (Bit-Torrent) Sites as "Dangerous/Malicious"

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

Edited: By Catdaddy to add more content.