2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 12:14 PM by selvan

$RECYCLE.BIN and System volume information Virus

dhruvvekaria

Hello,

I already have Mcafee internet security installed on my laptop. All of a sudden now all my partition of internal hard drive have a folder $RECYCLE.BIN and System volume information. help me to remove it

• 1. Re: $RECYCLE.BIN and System volume information Virus
          catdaddy

@ dhruvvekaria,

Please read the following statements from the Microsoft Communities

how to remove $Recycle.Bin virus - Microsoft Community

It is recommended that if you are suspicious that you indeed have a Virus/Trojan run

Malwarebytes (Free) or Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool-MRT

Malwarebytes (Free) and other Superb McAfee tools can be found in the link Below (Free)

Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

I would further recommend Running the Latest Stinger (Read how to download/install/run)

Followed by McAfee Getsusp ( Please remember to enter your Email Address under

"Preferences" before scanning.

Edited: to add Link by (Catdaddy)

Wishing you all the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

• 2. Re: $RECYCLE.BIN and System volume information Virus
            selvan

Hi dhruvvekaria

Before trying the free tools please check if the below options are checked in your PC. To open this window Press Windows + R to open Run dialogue, type control folders and hit Enter

hidden files.png