2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 7:56 AM by eguhlin

    MNE 2.0 Issues

    eguhlin

      I have just finished building a new ePO test environment and I began testing MNE 2.0.  I am having issues getting bitlocker to activate.  I set up the deployment task as well as a policy to activate Bitlocker after the installation of the MNE client.  The MNE 2.0 client installs on Windows 8.1 Enterprise with no issues and it appears that it receives the policy.  When policies are enforced, the MNE password field pops up asking for the password.  I guess I should mention that the policy is set to password only and that this is on a fresh build for which Bitlocker has never been activated.  After entering the password, nothing else happens.  Bitlocker will not activate.  The next time the policy is enforced the MNE password field pops up again asking for the password.  Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?  If so, is there a resolution?  Thanks in advance.


      Regards,


      Erik

        • 1. Re: MNE 2.0 Issues
          shahar.rand

          We have encountered this issue on the HP 810 G1 Revolve. During BitLocker activation it verifies the ability to insert the PIN in the pre-boot authorization environment.

          For some reason the keyboard wasn't identified. You can verify this is the issue by looking at the MNE logs.

          There is a workaround using GPO's.

          Posting the logs could help verify that this is the issue or help detect the issue if it's something else.

          • 2. Re: MNE 2.0 Issues
            eguhlin

            Shahar,

             

            Thanks for your reply, however, the solution, for me, was the following:

             

            Run gpedit.msc then go to Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/BitLocker Drive Encryption/Operating System Drives and enable use of BitLocker authentication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates.

             

            I should add that this was being attempted on a Surface Pro 3.  After changing the above local computer policy, I was able to control BitLocker on the Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

             

            Regards,


            Erik