3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 5:57 AM by asabban RSS

Bandwith throttling

Does the MWG limit the bandwith which can be used per session - I can download files with only 100MBit/s from the internet - when I bypass the MWG I can download the same file from the same server with about 1GBits/s - all components have a network speed of 1GBit and above.. so there isn't the problem.. I also havn't implemented the "Bandwith throtteling" rule, which is described in the Admin Guide.. is somewhere else a way to disable this?

• 1. Re: Bandwith throttling

We had the same issue at all our boxes.

The solution was to setup other network parameters inside sysctl.conf:

net.core.rmem_max = 16777216

net.core.wmem_max = 16777216

net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 16777216

net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 65536 16777216

After changing these values the speed increased from 100Mbit/s to 1Gbit/s.

We discussed this shortly with the support, but they can't explain why the origin values not worked for us.

• 2. Re: Bandwith throttling

What's referenced here is the Window Size.

7.5.0 has a feature in the Advanced Section of the Proxy, whith which you can set the Windows scaling factor influence the window size.

Pay attention to that Freddykr once you update.

• 3. Re: Bandwith throttling

the original settings have been optimized for compatibility some day in the past. There are a handful of servers around in the internet which do not reply to MWG when MWG runs on those "optimized" TCP settings. In case you ever need to talk to support because you find a host on the internet that simply does not seem to answer through MWG but works fine without or on a default MWG you may have in the lab, please keep the modified settings in mind and let support know they should check if that is the problem :-)