3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 10:23 AM by catdaddy

How to deal with this message when the setup installing McAfee (Problem cleaning threats)

r_sa3di

The same message says I can find help here to find tools that can help me fix my issues

• 1. Re: How to deal with this message when the setup installing McAfee (Problem cleaning threats)
          catdaddy

Hi r_sa3di,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. Just to clarify my thinking, Are you attempting to install McAfee for the first time? Or are you renewing? Do you have any remnants, or prior Security applications still installed on your system?

In addition, in certain instances Malware could cause issues when attempting to install a Security Application.

Having said all this, make certain you are current with all of your Windows Updates to include all Add-ons/Plug-ins especially Adobe Flash Player. (14.0.0.176) It is also critical that you are current with Internet Explorer,even if you do not use it,McAfee and other Programs do,in order to Function properly.

After making certain, you do not have any other Security application or remnants  on your system. Remove the failed Installation of McAfee from your Control Panel/Programs/Features and restart. Then use the latest MCPR Tool to remove any remnants that may be left over.

The following link will give you Instructions/Guidelines on how to properly Uninstall/Re-Install:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

As for the possibility of having Malware. You can run some of the Superb (Free) Tools listed with-in the Link below. I recommend running McAfee Getsusp First, Please remember to add your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning. I would follow up with Malwarebytes (Free) Version only. Here is the Link:

Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Please try to do the following as instructed, and let us know your results,should you need further assistance.

Wishing you all the Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator 1

• 2. Re: How to deal with this message when the setup installing McAfee (Problem cleaning threats)
            selvan

Hi @r_sa3di,

Please check if you have any other AntiVirus Programs Installed on your PC , If so please Uninstall them from control Panel and Retry Installation of McAfee.

• 3. Re: How to deal with this message when the setup installing McAfee (Problem cleaning threats)
              catdaddy

@ r_sa3di,

As both Selvan and I mentioned. Should it indeed be the case that you have (Previously Installed) Security Applications. Most come with a Product-Related Removal Tool as well. Such as McAfee (MCPR) . In other words, after removing from your Control panel/restart.

To entirely remove all remnants, one may/must use the individual Consumer Product Removal Tool, for that Particular Application/restart. To make certain all (Has) been removed before your attempt to install McAfee.

Just thought I would add that to Selvan,s valuable advice.

All the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator 1