4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 12:23 PM by theglot

How to manually install ePO agent on Client?

numin8r

Hi all,

I have ePO 5.1.1 installed on Win Server 2012 R2.  I'm testing to see if everything works (POC).  I want to physically add an install file on a PC but I'm not sure where to find it in all the EPO files.  I was having issues adding a PC to a domain and my coworker said there should be a frame package for something that should be already installed on ePO and I want to move it over to the PC - so it could be added.  Anyone know of such a thing or what I'm talking about?  There should be different files for you to install the agent on the client PC based on the OS, like Windows, Mac, Linux, etc...

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to manually install ePO agent on Client?
          ansarias

Hello,

Yes, Frampackage is required to communicate machine to ePO console.

Frame package file location :

ePO installation directory\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409

File name: Framepkg.exe

• 2. Re: How to manually install ePO agent on Client?
            rolandjose

Hi Numin8r,

You can download the framepackage from Mcafee EPO console ,

Go to System Tree Actions from EPO console

>> New Systems

>> select radio button

>> click on Okay , and save the file which can be installed on Remote systems

please be noted  that network level access should also be in place

• 3. Re: How to manually install ePO agent on Client?
              numin8r

Thanks, you guys rock!

• 4. Re: How to manually install ePO agent on Client?
                theglot

Since you are using ePO 5.x, you have a few options

Like Rolandjose said, you can create and download the framepackage from the console and then either save if to the local machine, place onto a CD/thumb drive, or a file share.

The other option is to use the hyperlink option that gives you an HTTPS address that you can type into the machine you wish to install the agent onto.  This is great for Linux hosts.

The more troublesome method is to deploy via AD which requires Domain ADMIN account.

You can also use SCCM by downloading the framepackage and giving it to your SCCM team to make it part of the image, but you do need to remove some items out of the Agent or use the VDI deployment mode command that is in the ePO Guide.

where you add in the command line /enableVDIMode