8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 11:05 AM by pierce

MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?

pierce

Hey, See that MOVE 3.5 agent is out and looks like a lot of nice changes that are useful. wonder if anyone is using it or had experiencing of updating from 2.6 to 3.5?

Seems like new offload scanners.

thanks,

Pierce

• 1. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
          nofear123

Hi,

we want to test Move 3.5 but where to download the trial version? We are getting 3.0 but not 3.5.

Has anyone a link for download?

thanks.

• 2. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
            pierce

I was alerted via SNS notifications and via our ePO alerting on new software to install.

If you go to your ePO and go to 'Software Manager' do a refresh, do you see it there under evaulation? Otherwise you may need to go into server settings and populate the details for eval software to appear in here.

• 3. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
              nofear123

In our Software Manager we see MOVE 3.5 but we can only download Product Guide and Readme :-(

• 4. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
                pierce

Reach out to your account manager and ask them how to get a copy for testing. If you dont have an account manager just log a ticket with them. I don't see why they wouldn't give you a copy to test with!

• 5. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
                  nofear123

Ok, thank you. Another Question:

Does somebody know how the licensing model with MOVE works?

We have an offer of our distributor. The distributor says that licensing depends how many VMs are secured over one SVA. Also there is price difference between VM with Client OS and Server OS. It thats possible?

We think that we must licensing MOVE only per hypervisor.

Can some light me up?

• 6. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
                    pierce

My understanding is yes there is a price different between host type.

Also had this SNS notification in April:

"

Dear Valued McAfee Customer:

McAfee remains committed to bringing best-of-breed security solutions to our customers, and server security is an essential part of that strategy. In some cases, delivering the right solutions to our customers means superseding existing products or product suites. As part of this commitment to excellence, we are now offering our MOVE AntiVirus for Virtual Servers on a per-OS instance basis instead of on a per-hypervisor basis where one license was needed for every 4 cores in the hypervisor. This will greatly simplify licensing.

As part of this, McAfee will be migrating all contracts that include the MOVE AntiVirus for Virtual Servers product to provide customers with 10 per-OS instance licenses for each per-hypervisor license. This is to accommodate virtual servers where more than one per-OS license is needed per physical server. The migration of contracts will occur starting in mid-April 2014.

As a current MOVE AntiVirus for Virtual Servers customer, you can continue to use the product with no service interruption.  If you have any additional questions, please contact your Account Manager.

Best Regards,

McAfee Data Center & Server Security Team"

"

So I think its all by OS now.

• 7. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?

The trial packages are now available

• 8. Re: MOVE 3.5 agent - anyone upgrade from 2.6?
                        pierce

Just upgraded my farm from 2.6.2 to 3.5 with no issues.

The SVA seems to be doing a good job at the moment of re-assigning systems to keep everything moving and we are so far seeing far fewer scan time outs each day.