1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2014 6:03 PM by mobin.qasim RSS

Deploy VirusScan

Hi everyone!

I need configure a policy for deploy Viruscan Enterprise 8.8. I'm performing the following configuration:

- Select group "computers" in the system tree

- Select assigned client tasks

- Click action -> new cliente task assignement

In the appear window (client task assignment builder)

- I select mcafee agent product

- Task type: product management

- Task name: choose "create new task"

Appear new window (client task catalog: new task - mcafee agente: product deployment)

In the "products and components" choose not appear VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 only mcafee agente

how do I appear VirusScan Enterprise in dropdown box?

** sorry, my english is terrible **

best regards

• 1. Re: Deploy VirusScan

Looks like McAfee VSE 8.8 package was not checked in your ePO master repository. Please check in VSE package into ePO master repository and also VSE 8.8 extensions into extensions window after that it will reflect into Product Deployment task.

• 2. Re: Deploy VirusScan

See configuration my ePO master repositor.

• 3. Re: Deploy VirusScan

So your ePO is having only Language Pack not Install, Patch and Hotfix package. If you have VSE standalone package than check into ePO Master repository current Branch.

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 15 21.58.jpg

• 4. Re: Deploy VirusScan

You have the link for download products?

• 5. Re: Deploy VirusScan

If you have grant number than use below link to download McAfee VSE product.

After login navigate to McAfee Endpoint Protection Suite > Endpoint Security > VirusScan Enterprise v8.8

Download below both package and checked into ePO console.

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 15 22.19.jpg

• 6. Re: Deploy VirusScan

Much easier. In epo go to software manager and include all the packages and entension for vse 8.8

Best regards

Jose Maria

• 7. Re: Deploy VirusScan

To help you going forward. Packages belong to products. Extensions populate a number of areas including product policies, client tasks, default queries, dashboards and permissions to permission sets. You can certainly use the Software Manager to do this but knowing how to do this directly allows you to work around issues if they aren't working. Your grant number is helpful in case you don't trust the that the Software Manager is always at the latest.

• Extensions are checked in via Menu\Software\Extensions.
                      • Packages are checked in via Menu\Software\Master Repository.

If you were to look at the zipfiles that you can check in, you can determine which is a package or extension. A package will contain a .z file while extensions will contain either a mention of 'extensions' or utilize the word 'meta'. Once you make this determination you will know where to check them in.

• 8. Re: Deploy VirusScan

Hi Guys,

I've a query regarding VSE 8.8 deployment. How long it should take to deploy VSE 8.8 Patch 4 using ePO on both Windows Server 2008 R2 as well as Windows 7 Ultimate. 

Is there any way or policy through which we can decrease the installation time?

• 9. Re: Deploy VirusScan

My experience with the VSE install has been about 6-7 minutes and that is with uninstalling a competitor product. I do not believe that there is a way to decrease this time through policies.

Hope this helps

1 2 Previous Next