1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2014 3:21 PM by Peacekeeper RSS

My site is still RED after URL submission

valsetech

Hi everyone,

My sites have been blacklisted due to a compromise where my sites sends some phishing links. It has been cleaned thoroughly and server is hardened. There was no malware since. We verified that all sites are clean with Sucuri.

My websites:

valse.com.my

projects.valse.com.my

smsi.valse.com.my

sim.valse.com.my

support.valse.com.my

stage.valse.com.my

system.valse.com.my

campaign.valse.com.my

mvc.valse.com.my

mcdns.valse.com.my

Why is it still RED after the clean up? More over, when I submitted the URL to TrustedSource, all my sites got this similar email:

Ticket_ID XXXXXX Closed Progress Report for URL Submissions

URL: http://sim.valse.com.my

Initial categories: Phishing

Post-review categories: Unable to process

Web Reputation: Unable to process

Please allow the Web Reputation some time to update.

In some cases, the Web Reputation shown at the time of the ticket closure may not reflect the updated Web Reputation.

Updates at times may take longer to complete. Please consult TrustedSource.org to verify the published Web Reputation for any given URL or IP address.

Why is this? Now we have no way of removing it from the blacklist. 3-4 weeks and still no solution.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Kenan Ng

• 1. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
          catdaddy

Fellow Moderator Hayton most likely will pick this thread up later on, as he is across the "Big Pond". As he is most knowledgeable when it pertains to Site Advisor. And can possibly get more in-depth in regards to your Questions.

Wishing you all the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

• 2. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
            scarvera

My website is receiving a similar issue and we have no idea why. No other anti-virus service is reporting any risk with our site. We just had our 10k+ pages scanned by SiteLock and found nothing. This is extremely frustrating as our users are turning away from our site in fear. Even more frustrating is the inability to contact a human about this issue that directly and severely impacts our business.

Ticket_ID 892487 Closed Progress Report for URL Submissions

URL: http://www.mindbodygreen.com

Initial categories: Malicious Sites,Blogs/Wiki

Post-review categories: Unable to process

Web Reputation: Unable to process

• 3. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
              catdaddy

@ scarvera,

Again as I stated to another OP ( valsetech )  Fellow Moderator Hayton is more knowledgeable than I in regards to Site Advisor, and in other analytical areas as well. Hopefully he will be along later and pick this thread up. Since Site Advisor is a separate Entity from our other Features, He knows the best procedure to take, and is most capable of Determining possible causes.

I must concur that indeed when attempting to reach your Site, Site Advisor throws up a (Dangerous) prompt.

If you have not already done so, here are a couple of Links to assist you in some sort of resolution.

McAfee SiteAdvisor Site Rating Policy + Appeal Process

How To Contact Site/WebAdvisor & TrustedSource

I apologise for being incapable of answering your questions.

Edited: to add Links

Wishing you all the Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

• 4. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
                scarvera

I appreciate the reply, catdaddy. What is most suspicious about OP's and my issue is that we are both seeing an "Unable to process" message for our post-review category. Seems to me like a bug in the system, unless there is more meaning to that message than I currently understand.

I also wanted to note for the benefit of Hayton's knowledge (fingers crossed for his review of this thread) that we also have several URLs that are all being categorized as such. I only shared the result of one ticket as they are all the same. I have resubmitted all URLs hoping for a different result.

• 5. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
                  catdaddy

Thank you for that additional info   I will personally attempt to contact Hayton and point him in both of your directions. As I stated, he and Peacekeeper are most likely asleep at the present time.

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 6. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
                    scarvera

Well, all of a sudden we're green. This is great, until it happens the next time and we still have no idea what set it off. Does McAfee provide additional rating detail to site owners? Seems like the right thing to do.

• 7. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
                      catdaddy

@ scarvera,

Thank you for informing us that your issues have been resolved

If you feel that your assistance has been (Helpful/Resolved) please appropriately mark so.

So as we can consider this amongst other threads can be considered answered.

Again, Wishing you the very best, and should you need further assistance in the future,

Please feel free to contact us....

Much appreciation to all whom assisted to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 8. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
                        catdaddy

@ valsetech,

Can you confirm that your issue has been resolved as well. Please apprise us ....

As Always,

Wishing the Very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 9. Re: My site is still RED after URL submission
                          valsetech

As mentioned by scarvera , our sites has suddenly become all green. Hopefully in the future the experience will be much.

In any case, thanks a lot for your help.

1 2 Previous Next