1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2014 8:15 AM by catdaddy

Screen display formatting issue

Hayton

From the appearance of the screenshot below it looks as if the default display settings are set to wide-screen. This image is too wide for the display area and over-runs into the space on the right, so that text displayed in that area overlays the image.

Image sizes need to be adjusted to fit the available display area.

Widescreen format resizing problem.PNG

• 1. Re: Screen display formatting issue
          SPyron

Sorry for the redundant question, which browser/version is this? Is it in all browsers you try?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Screen display formatting issue
            Hayton

Chrome, FF, IE. It's not the browser that is significant but the monitor. This site is now I think designed for ultra-wide screens but I'm viewing this on a 1024x768 display (all that will fit on the desk). So it must be that the frame containing the image isn't checking to see whether the image ought to be resized.

• 3. Re: Screen display formatting issue
              SPyron

I just tested on FF and Chrome and it resized correctly.... :/

Are you on Win8 using the tiled environment browser?

• 4. Re: Screen display formatting issue
                Hayton

Windows 8 ????

*** ROTFL ***

No ....

• 5. Re: Screen display formatting issue
                  Peter M

This is odd Peter because even on my iPad it sizes correctly.  Somer knows best however.

• 6. Re: Screen display formatting issue
                    Hayton

Windows 7, and it displays as in the screenshot even when I changed to a wider-screen monitor.

• 7. Re: Screen display formatting issue
                      Hayton

Chrome, javascript console, select Elements from the options bar, I see this -

Oversized image info.PNG

So. The image is 1024x640 pixels. Too wide for the available space in that message window.

Right-click on the image and open it in a new tab and it displays at a resolution of 672x419.

However (and this the edit) the new Chrome tab displays the following : "MSH-AE.JPG (1280x800)"

The image is zoomable and if I click on it it expands to a size of 1280x800.

This must be its actual stored size.

So when displayed, the size has to be adjusted to fit the available space in the Jive window and this is not being done correctly.

That suggests to me a problem with the CSS, perhaps?

Oversized image in new tab.PNG

OT : Why isn't there an option in a Reply to add a line to indicate that a message has been edited?

• 8. Re: Screen display formatting issue
                        Hayton

Okay, slight amendment. In Windows 7 the display is as expected in Chrome at a normal display ratio of 100% (which I find to be too small, so I usually zoom the windows for ease of viewing).

As the zoom ratio goes up from 100% the screenshot image gets progressively larger within the Jive window and begins to encroach upon the other page elements. So it's a question of displaying all the elements and resizing them as required to present a coherent page image at different screen resolutions and magnifications.

• 9. Re: Screen display formatting issue
                          catdaddy

Try increasing the (Zoom) to 150% in Internet Explorer 11. It looks fine to me....

I concur...Windows 8/8.1?  No way ! They say the next Version dubbed (Thresh-Hold-Windows 9) is suppose to be better? More Consumer friendly...So to speak. Awaiting with "Baited Breath"....Right!!!

Also looks as though Microsoft is choosing to treat Windows 7, like a "Red-Headed Step-Child"  Check out what Computerworld/InfoWorld has to say about it.....

I,ll keep Windows 7 Sp1 as long as I can, even past 2020 if possible. Until they come up with something better.

Of course....All said is my personal Honest OPINION.

1 2 Previous Next