9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2014 9:38 AM by catdaddy

"Events and webcasts"

burnby

On this page https://community.mcafee.com/welcome there are external links to McAfee resources.

One of them is "Events and webcasts". Clicking that link should go to http://www.mcafee.com/us/events/index.aspx but instead an error message appears on a white screen. The message says

The specified CGI application encountered an error and the server terminated the process.

This in IE. Haven't tried it yet in other browsers. Note, moderators should check this also in a non-privileged user account.

Question : is this privilege-related, browser-related, or just a temporary glitch?

• 1. Re: "Events and webcasts"
          k3tg

It may have been just a server issue as the website opened for me and I could see what was scheduled.

One of the moderators will probably chime in to respond and they may be able to comment further.

Tom K3TG

• 2. Re: "Events and webcasts"
            burnby

Thanks Tom.

I'm on today in a non-privileged account to see what the experience is like for the average user

Some interesting differences.

Hayton

• 3. Re: "Events and webcasts"
              burnby

There is a problem here, and it may be on the server. As I said in the OP, my first attempts all resulted in that error message being displayed.

Just now I tried to get to the "Events & Webcasts" page three different ways, and I get a mix of results. It's not consistent : one way will work a couple of times and then fail with the error message, or the display will be a truncated or full list; I get inconsistent results from each of the access methods. That makes it probably a server problem.

Method 1 : left-mouse-click on link on Welcome page (opens in new tab)

Method 2 : right-mouse-click on link on Welcome page to specify open in new tab

Method 3 : click on link embedded in my previous post

Results :

1 - Error message

2 - Empty list

3 - Populated list

Events Calendar 2.PNG

Events Calendar 1.PNG

Any of those can be the result of accessing the page by the above methods.

• 4. Re: Re: "Events and webcasts"
                selvan

Hi burnby,

I have seen this while accessing specific McAfee sites and has already reported it to the concerned Team. I received confirmation that it has been fixed. Could you please check again after clearing Browser Cache/cookies.

• 5. Re: Re: "Events and webcasts"
                  burnby

Will do. But clearing the cookies is going to log me out.

• 6. Re: "Events and webcasts"
                    burnby

I was wrong, clearing IE cache, cookies &c did not log me out. But now I see only the empty list when I click on the link using any of the mentioned access methods. I'll log out and back in again and see if that makes a difference.

• 7. Re: "Events and webcasts"
                      k3tg

I did not realize it was you but I hope you have a great day

Tom K3TG

• 8. Re: "Events and webcasts"
                        Hayton

It's me. It's my birthday, and I'm doing this???  Sad, very sad.

btw the link fails to resolve correctly in Chrome as well as IE, using my moderator account. So Selvan was a little optimistic, it's not fixed yet.

I get "The specified CGI application encountered an error and the server terminated the process" using all three access methods.

• 9. Re: "Events and webcasts"
                          catdaddy

Well "Happy Birthday" there Mate !!!! My Father,s Birthday ...(God rest his soul) was yesterday.

Again, Have a Good one !

All the Best,

Catdaddy