7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 4:53 PM by catdaddy

How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?

Sicnarf

Resurrecting an old computer that has Win 7 and Total Protection 2013 which was not renewed.

Want to install 1 user 1 year Total protection.

In the past one had to use McAfee programs to "uninstall" the "old " programs. Is that still the case and where do I find

these files?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sic

• 1. Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
          catdaddy

Please follow the Guidelines/Instructions from this Link

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

I presume this is Windows 7 (Sp1) ? Also the 13.6.1012 Version is being throttled out as we correspond. Please make certain you are up to date with all Windows Updates, to include Internet Explorer, even though you may not use it.

McAfee and other programs do, in order to function properly. Make certain you have the Latest ( Adobe Flash Player) as well. (14.0.0.145) Especially before this upcoming "Update Tuesday" (8/12/2014)

If I may ask, are you renewing directly from McAfee, or through your Isp/Manufacturer?

Also McAfee Total Protection comes with (3) licenses, as I use this particular Security suite also.

All the Very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

• 2. Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
            Peter M

Regarding your last question, yes the installer is supposed to remove previous versions, but I find it is wise to do as Catdaddy has suggested if changing from one suite or subscription, to another.

• 3. Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
              catdaddy

Fellow Moderator Ex_Brit brought up a valid point. I might add, also in certain instances when you go to your account, to Download/Install your (New) Subscription. If it for some reason still shows your (Expired) subscription.

You can reach Customer Service to remove all remnants of the (Old) subscription, before continuing to Install your purchased McAfee Total Protection. I experienced this albeit years ago...Just thought I would add that Tad of info.

Having said this, follow the Guidelines as Ex_Brit and I suggested to uninstall/reinstall in the post first mentioned.

Here is the Link;

McAfee Consumer Products - Types of Support

All the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

• 4. Re: Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
                selvan

catdaddy wrote:

You can reach Customer Service to remove all remnants of the (Old) subscription, before continuing to Install your purchased McAfee Total Protection. I experienced this albeit years ago...Just thought I would add that Tad of info.

catdaddy Customer Service would not engage in Technical Assistance such as removing remnants from PC however they can be contacted to check if Previous license is active or not.

• 5. Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
                  catdaddy

Thanks ...  May be it was support I contacted when I (Renewed/Upgraded) to McAfee Total Protection.

Of course it was (6) years ago....Correction, It was when MTP was first introduced, that I upgraded from McAfee Internet Security. Suite.

All the best...

Catdaddy

• 6. Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
                    Sicnarf

catdaddy,

thanks for the reply.

per your question "If I may ask, are you renewing directly from McAfee, or through your Isp/Manufacturer?"

I am buying it through Amazon and want to install as a stand alone installation. I am lending the resurrected computer to a friend. I took this computer out of service last year. I currently  have  3 license which I have already used.

I will set the other machine as a different identity.

• 7. Re: How to uninstall Total Protection 2013?
                      catdaddy

@ Sincarf,

I see.....  Simply follow the instructions in that Inserted Link, and you should experience no problems. I wish you all the very best. I think you have made a wise choice in McAfee Total Protection. I have used it for years, and have been extremely satisfied/happy.

Of course due to it being out of service, please make certain that it is updated with all Windows Updates, and especially Internet Explorer. Even if one does not use it, McAfee and other programs do.  This is to include all add-ons, especially Adobe Flash Player.

Regards,

Catdaddy