4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 11:03 AM by andyross

New vs read view, weird login issue

andyross

There is no obvious way to tell if I have read a thread, nor a way to mark a community as read. Previously, read threads had non-bold titles. There was also a little icon or whatever to 'mark all read'.

PS: I had some issues logging in. It seemed as if the logon button would not un-grey and would show a 'no' icon when I moved the mouse over it. I'm guessing it didn't like my old password or something? I had to do a 'forgot my password' and create a new password that passed a stricter security test. Was it blocking the old one due to that? Also, I had tried to create a new login entirely, but it wouldn't accept that random text input. It kept saying to type it in, even though I had!!

• 1. Re: New vs read view, weird login issue
          Peter M

@andyross, Hi I'll let the powers-that-be answer your main question, but regarding the log in: they are working on that but I find the easiest way is once you've entered your user name and password just go back to your user name and left/right toggle the cursor & the log in button will darken ready to be clicked.   As with all new  forum versions, this one has come with quite a few teething problems.   Another issue is that although that Log In Window will remember the details, if you tell it to, it doesn't always keep you logged in for too long so that's another issue being looked at apparently.

Peter

• 2. Re: New vs read view, weird login issue
            andyross

Thanks on the login issues. It's a bit confusing, as I had been able to log in the first time I hit this new update. Either way, at least I have a more secure password! I also noticed the timeout issue. I closed the browser for only about 5-10 minutes, and had to log back in again. Before, I think it used to hold for a full month.

• 3. Re: New vs read view, weird login issue
              Peter M

Yes it used to remember you for quite a while. I just had to log in again to reply.   Hopefully soon it will be remedied.   The Forum Admin should be along soon to answer your other question.

Peter

• 4. Re: New vs read view, weird login issue
                andyross

I finally figured out that the bold/non-bold is there, but you have to be in CONTENT mode, not Overview. The old links I had kept being redirected to that screen. Once I got into discussion mode, that works properly, and I have updated my browser bookmarks.

Still, there does not appear to be a 'mark all as read' option.