2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 3:44 AM by PhilM

Transferring Admin Console Firewall entries

PhilM

Is there a way of transferring the list of Firewall entries from one Admin Console installation to another?

As a reseller support engineer, I have access to approximately 60 Firewall Enterprise appliances. I am about to transfer to a new PC/Laptop and will need to re-install the Admin Console, but rather than sit here re-entering all 60-odd entries by hand, I wondered if these entries were still stored in a file.

Back int he days of Sidewinder 5 and 6 (G2) there was a cobra.ini file that contained these entried. So when I migrated to a new machine I simply installed the GUI, copied the cobra.ini file to the correct location and everything was sorted.

I can't seem to find a cobra.ini in the \Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Firewall Enterprise directory structure and wondered if it had been replaced with a different file, or indeed if I'm faced with the prospect of re-creating these entries in the new installation from scratch.

-Phil.

• 1. Re: Transferring Admin Console Firewall entries
          oreeh

take a look at %APPDATA%\McAfee\McAfee Firewall Enterprise v8\ac\Lib\cobra.ini

• 2. Re: Transferring Admin Console Firewall entries
            PhilM

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I've found my %APPDATA%\McAfee folder, but the only sub-folder present is "Common Framework" (I have the McAfee Agent installed on my machine).

I'm not sure why my original attempt didn't appear to yield much, but I have just searched my C: drive for instances of cobra.ini and have actually appear to have found its location. For a moment I wondered why it came back with two results and then I remembered I have both the v7 & v8 Admin Conole applications installed.

Anyway, in case it is of use to any other's. The location of my cobra.ini file is:-

\users\<my_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\McAfee Firewall Enterprise v8\ac\Lib

-Phil.