1 2 3 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 10:51 AM by Hayton

Not staying signed in

thecreator

Hi All,

With the other board that was in place, I could close the browser and reopen the browser and go back into the board using Waterfox and Nightly Firefox, both 64-Bit Browsers and I stayed signed in.

Now with the new board, I need to login again, each time I come back. This is a home computer, not a Library Computer.

Is there a setting in my profile to set or reset?

• 1. Re: Not staying signed in
          tiffany

This is a known issue which we're working on resolving soon. Please visit my document Known issues in the Community for updates and thank you again for your feedback.

Tiffani

• 2. Re: Not staying signed in

Tiffani, do you know when the fix will be applied for the log out issue?

• 3. Re: Re: Not staying signed in
              thecreator

Tiffani A wrote:

This is a known issue which we're working on resolving soon. Please visit my document Known issues in the Community for updates and thank you again for your feedback.

Tiffani

Hi Tiffani,

>

Some users are being prematurely logged out of the community if they are idle for only a moment

This is not the issue, that I am reporting. Sometimes, I would close my browser and even reboot the computer. If I had deleted the cookies, I knew I would need to sign back in. However, when the cookies were not deleted, I could reopen the browser and be signed in. If I used a different browser, that would require me to sign in fresh.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Not staying signed in

I believe thecreator is referring to the check box available in the old system when you sign in that allows you to remain signed in to Community site without having to log back in again and again. I miss that feature as well.

• 5. Re: Re: Not staying signed in
                  thecreator

vimalnavis wrote:

I believe thecreator is referring to the check box available in the old system when you sign in that allows you to remain signed in to Community site without having to log back in again and again. I miss that feature as well.

Hi vimalnavis,

That checkmark box is still available. And I have it always checked. And I do use Quick Clean to delete the Cache only, not the Cookies.

Sign out but clicking on your name at the top, then click "Log Out".

Once you are logged out, sign back in, and notice the Box you were talking about in the Popup Window.

• 6. Re: Not staying signed in

I see it. I assumed that's what you were missing. I am guessing the issue you are facing is connected to the issue Tiffani is working on.

• 7. Re: Not staying signed in
                      Peacekeeper

Yes I also reported the logging out there is a error box that pops up when you open the forum after a reboot or FF shutdown this is as many words says sorry cannot relog you in and your name is still showed as logged in but if you open it it is a standard view that non members see not your own view of options.

As Tiffani says this will be investigated

• 8. Re: Re: Not staying signed in
                        thecreator

Hi Peacekeeper and All,

This problem is still not fixed. - Been over a month now.

I am in Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 and using Firefox 32.0 Version.

I clicked on this link in the Email:

Reply to this message by going to McAfee Communities

Now I signed in with the box checked to keep me signed in. I simply closed Firefox, then I clicked on the link in the Email above and after Firefox is opened, I get the message in RED at the bottom of the Browser Window saying because of an Error, that I have been signed out.

I attached the PrtScrn Snapshot of the Browser Window, below.

• 9. Re: Re: Not staying signed in
                          Peter M

Believe me, we are only too aware of it and McAfee assure us they're looking into it with the board software makers, Jive.   I just had to log in for about the 40th time today.   That's a conservative estimate too.

1 2 3 Previous Next