5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2014 2:01 PM by catdaddy

Can't open security suite

naomi_123

Hi,

I can't open my McAfee Security suite. I have tried clicking on the dwsktop icon and the file location but it won't open. I have tried running administrator and nothing happens then either. I am using Windows 8, and have no other security software on my cmputer. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Naomi

• 1. Re: Can't open security suite
          catdaddy

Hi naomi_123,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. I am not as familiar with Windows 8, as I am with Windows 7 Sp1. Please (Right Click) on your McAfee Icon in the Lower tray, and select (Verify Subscription). See if it indeed verifies it.

In addition, Technical Support is available 24/7 via Chat/Phone. You can reach them by looking below my Signateure, or under Useful Links at the top of this page. In addition, you can try and run MVT to attempt to resolve your issue.

McAfee TS would have you do so anyways. Maybe some one could add to this discussion as well.

You may try to run McAfee Getsusp/Malwarebytes (Free) Version only to check for an infection. Both of these tools can be found below my Signature (Second Link)

Wishing you all the Very Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/28/14 8:00:32 AM EDT
          • 2. Re: Can't open security suite
            catdaddy

It may be more appropiate for to move this to Security Center for better attention,or General Discussion/Home and office?

• 3. Re: Can't open security suite
              Peter M

Thread moved.

• 4. Re: Can't open security suite
                ssthekid

Go to Your Startups
                and Make sure McAfee Security Center is enabled

It has (3) branches that are called..

1 : McAfee = McUICnt.exe
                2 : McAfee Security Center = mcagent.exe
                3 : McAfee Update Launcher = mcupdate.exe

Reboot then try the icon..

• 5. Re: Can't open security suite
                  catdaddy

Since the (New) Version of Jive has been implemented, "Useful Links " Are not available. You can reach TS by clicking on the following Link....McAfee Consumer Products - Types of Support

Regards,

Cliff-Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator