3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 7:34 PM by maxsteel12

ePO 4.6 - Snapshot of current policies.

mccracker

Hi,

Is there a way/s to get a summary of existing policies(with details for each policy) in ePO so that in future if some changes happen I can go back and compare the changes.

It's like taking a snapshot of current policies and then if any policy gets deleted or something simiar happens I can go back to the old snapshot and see the differences.

Reference to any KB article or any thoughts/ideas will be much appreciated.

mccracker

• 1. Re: ePO 4.6 - Snapshot of current policies.
          ansarias

Hello,

You can export policies with computer name in excel file and later you can compare if some thing goes wrong.

How to create query :

1. Go to ePO console > Queries & Report.
            2. Select New Query.
            3. Select Feature Group = Policy Management and Result Type as Applied Policies.
            4. Select Chart as Table
            5. Select Columns:
              1. Computer Name
              2. Policy
            6. Now move to next option : Filter and select product (You can choose which product policies you want to export)
            7. Now Run the query, a complete list with Computer name with assinged policies will come.

You can also divide results with Servers and Workstations, you need to add one more filter as OS Platform = Server.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ePO 4.6 - Snapshot of current policies.
            mccracker

That's one way of having a backup for sure, thanks ansarias.

I was looking for more like backing up all the poicies available in ePO server.

It's unfortunate that snapshot is available only from 5.0 and above.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: ePO 4.6 - Snapshot of current policies.
              maxsteel12

For ePO 4.x you can export policy assignment from policy catalog