This sounds like a manifestation of a reported issue where the UI layer loses communication with the underlying business logic.
Try this workaround:
1) Ensure you have access to the local Administrator account (not a user with Administrative priviliges)
2) Restart system
3) Login as local Administrator
4) Open Control Panel, and open Programs and Features
5) Select McAfee Endpoint Security Firewall. If prompted for a password, enter 'mcafee'
6) Select McAfee Endpoint Security Web Control. If prompted for a password, enter 'mcafee'. Removing the last Endpoint Security module may take a few minutes as it also removes the Endpoint Security Platform technologies.
7) Restart the system.
The problem is that it never asks me for a password when trying to uninstall. It brings up a dialog that says Preparing to remove, opens a UAC window asking if I want this app to make changes to Widows, and then just stops.
But now, on top of that, is I can't access the settings to re-enable the Firewall or Web Control.
Thanks Tony. I'm sorry that you're experiencing trouble with the product.
Please reply and attach all log files in %temp%\McAfeeLogs and in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Logs. I'll investigate what's going on and get back to you right away.
To Create attachment : Reply to this post --> use advanced editor to attach the files.