3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 1:29 AM by Laszlo G

SQL Sizing

davcob2

Could someone please assist?  I'm reading the requirements for ePO database server in the best practices guide and it reads:

SQL Server minimum hardware

16 Quad processor CPUs

8-32 GB of RAM

0.5 to 1.0 TB of hard drive space

Does it really require 16 Quad processors?

• 1. Re: SQL Sizing
          Laszlo G

Hi davcob2, this depends on how many computers and how many mcafee products will be managed by your ePO server.

For example we use an SQL server with 2 CPU and 16GB RAM (shared with other big SQL databases) for an ePO managing about 4k computers with McAfee Agent and VirusScan

• 2. Re: SQL Sizing
            davcob2

Hello Laszio,

Thank you for the response.  I had a question regarding the "16 Quad Core CPUs" as referenced in the ePO 5.0 Best Practices Guide page 18.  I thought is should have read "16 Cores" instead of "16 Quad Core CPUs."

• 3. Re: SQL Sizing
              Laszlo G

davcob2 escribió:

Hello Laszio,

Thank you for the response.  I had a question regarding the "16 Quad Core CPUs" as referenced in the ePO 5.0 Best Practices Guide page 18.  I thought is should have read "16 Cores" instead of "16 Quad Core CPUs."

Yes it's a mistake on this guide. If you have a look at page 16 you can see they say 16 cores instead for the 75000-150000 node count