1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 3:47 PM by Hayton

wajam_validate.exe?

squid917

So I was using Malawarebytes Anti-Rootkit and at the end I came across this

Infected file C:\Users\Dane\AppData\Local\Temp\is45637729\1892921_stp\wajam_validate.exe could not be remediated because backup file is not available

Scan finished.

It didn't solve the problem and at the cleanup page, it said no malaware.  I haven't had any problems with my computer.  Wajam isn't in the uninstall programs, chrome and internet explore are great, and pc is running fast.  I ran scans with Mcafee Full Scan, Malaware Anti-Malaware, Rouge Killer, TDSS KIller, Adwcleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, and Hitman Pro.  None reported anything.  I don't know if it is a threat to me, but I don't want a malicious file on my computer period.  I would really appreciate if someone would respond.  Thank you very much!

• 1. Re: wajam_validate.exe?
          Hayton

Wajam is a Potentially Unwanted Program, not a big threat. From their website :

Add relevant social results and recommendations from your friends and contacts, to your regular search results.

McAfee flagged wajam_validate.exe as an Artemis threat last year and someone from the company asked for the file to be checked by the labs - see

https://community.mcafee.com/message/292737

The file got the all-clear. Doesn't stop all those third-rate malware-removal sites from saying it's a dangerous virus though :-)