1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 1:03 PM by jlockie

Agent Deployment Fatal Error

jlockie

We are new to ePolicy Orchestrator, and currently working on deploying to a basic set of PCs for testing and training. 

I have succesfully deployed the agent on 4 workstations.  On a 5th workstation (happens to be mine) I get fatal errors.  I tried to push from the orchestrator server, and it says "successful" but remains "unmanaged".  So when I try to install using the binary package supplied with the orchestrator server (FramePkg.exe) I get this sequence of errors (and nothing in event log)

Agent Fails.PNG

Agent Fails 2.PNG

Agent Fails 3.PNG

If I click "reinstall using recommended settings" it does the same thing.

The particular system getting an error is 64 bit WIndows 7.  I have successfully deployed to another 64 bit machine though.

Message was edited by: jlockie on 7/14/14 2:08:05 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
          Laszlo G

Hi jlockie, do you have any VirusScan already installed on your computer? (especially VSE 8.7)

• 2. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
            jlockie

I removed all instances of AV on my workstation before attempting to install

I am going to run chkdsk and maybe check my bios settings.

• 3. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
              rgc

Hi Jlockie,

If the agent install fails locally and from epo deployment.

>> As you have mentioned, the same package got installed on another windows 7 64bit, and confirmed there is no antivirus software on problem machine.

This looks something issue in the client machine to extract the package and complete installation.

Check the c:\windows\temp   directory is accessible and then collect the McAfeelogs folder and share via zip format to this post.

This contains the FRMinst  agent installation logs, which gives more elaborate information to find the root cause.

Regards,

RGC

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
                jlockie

Nice.  Basically it says the following:

2014-07-14 08:37:06          E          #8476          RegKey          Ins          Error trace:

2014-07-14 08:37:06          E          #8476          Thread          Ins           [Main thread]->

2014-07-14 08:37:06          E          #8476          Setup          Ins           [Attempting to perform a setup operation]->

2014-07-14 08:37:06          E          #8476          RegKey          Ins           [RegOpenKeyEx,80000002,SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EPOAGENT3000]->

2014-07-14 08:37:06          E          #8476          RegKey          Ins            error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          Setup          Ins          Error trace:

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          Thread          Ins           [Main thread]->

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          Setup          Ins           [Attempting to perform a setup operation]->

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          Setup          Ins           [Run MSI]->

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          Setup          Ins            error 1603: Fatal error during installation.

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          UI          Ins          Error trace:

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          Thread          Ins           [Main thread]->

2014-07-14 08:37:15          E          #8476          UI          Ins            Fatal error during installation.

I am reviewing contents of the log to make sure not info that should not be public is inside them.  Then I will zip and attach.

• 5. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
                  Laszlo G

Another user had this same problem some time ago, maybe the answer he received can help:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/57813

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
                    jlockie

Thanks.  No keys were found.   So frustrating.  I was hopeful seeing the same error!!!!  I went line by line in that registry key to check each one too.....(as well as searching).

I have attached the full log from C:\Windows\Temp

• 7. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
                      JoeBidgood

This is the relevant bit:

CustAct [8:37:9:517] main [I] addToWindowsFirewall START

CustAct [8:37:9:525] Cmalib [E] Error trace:

CustAct [8:37:9:526] main [E]  [addToWindowsFirewall START]->

CustAct [8:37:9:526] Cmalib [E]  [Add CMA to Windows Firewall]->

CustAct [8:37:9:526] Cmalib [E]   error -2147024891: Access is denied.

CustAct [8:37:9:526] main [I] addToWindowsFirewall END

The installer is trying to add exclusions to the windows firewall so that it can communicate, but this operation is being denied.

Are there any restrictions, group policies, and so on that might be interfering?

• 8. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
                        jlockie

Yes, I saw that.  Here's the problem with that.  The other machines that were successfully installed have the same group policies with the same restrictions.  The firewall is managed by GPO.

I will attempt to remove my workstation from this GPO and try again.....

• 9. Re: Agent Deployment Fatal Error
                          jlockie

Ok, moved my computer object and gpupdate/force and then gpresult/r to verify the GPO was not applied.  Checked firewall and it's actually turned off now and I am able to edit it.  Ran the installer....same issue.

Here's the worst of it.  It is not generating any logs now!?!?!?  The McAfeeLogs folder is empty in C:\Windows\Temp.

1 2 Previous Next