3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 10:10 AM by paschwanden

how to know from what EPO an agent came from

j4bz

I got two EPO servers and for administrative issues I need a report about to which Server an agent was deployed, I said to the person in charge he only needs the system tree and see all systems with the tag "managed", but he wants a report like "system alpha, agent 564084 connected to Server ePOa1 with ip 192.168.3.27", how can I generate something like that?

• 1. Re: how to know from what EPO an agent came from
          paschwanden

Sounds like a "person in charge" kind of request..

Easiest way would be to bring up the System Tree on both Servers, make sure the columns match with all the fields you need,  and export each server's System Tree to a .csv file.  Bring both server's .csv files into excel and add the "System Alpha agent 564084 connected to Server ePOa1" stuff..

--Pete

• 2. Re: how to know from what EPO an agent came from
            j4bz

Thanks for that, but more than an administrative report, they want to see from ePO console, the link between ePO and the agents with names and IP address.

• 3. Re: how to know from what EPO an agent came from
              paschwanden

Ok.. So you are probably looking at doing some roll-up reporting. 

Here is a KB article

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51412

- From the product guide..

Multi-server rollup querying

ePolicy Orchestrator includes the ability to run queries that report on summary data from multiple

databases.

Use these result types in the Query Builder wizard for this type of querying:

• Rolled-Up Threat Events

• Rolled-Up Client Events

• Rolled-Up Compliance History

• Rolled-Up Managed Systems

• Rolled-Up Applied Policies

Action commands cannot be generated from rollup result types.

How it works

To roll up data for use by rollup queries, you must register each server (including the local server) that you want to include in the query.

Once the servers are registered, you must configure Roll Up Data server tasks on the reporting server (the server that performs the multi-server reporting). Roll Up Data server tasks retrieve the information from all databases involved in the reporting, and populate the EPORollup_ tables on the reporting server. The rollup queries target these database tables on the reporting server.

Hope this helps...