2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 12:04 PM by traines

Stonegate SMC PHP API

joenineo

Hi

I have search through the Stonegate documentation on the SMC API but can not find any examples using the PHP API.  I am looking to just see the status of firewalls and interfaces.  Has anyone done this or know of any simple examples that I can look at.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Stonegate SMC PHP API
          Peacekeeper

This would be better in Next Generation firewall forum so moved it. hope this correct area.

vis

Stonesoft products are now part of McAfee Next Generation Firewall.  This from stonesoft's site.http://www.stonesoft.com/en/

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/07/14 7:10:49 PM
          • 2. Re: Stonegate SMC PHP API

There's no PHP library specifically, though you should be able to GET a fw_cluster or fw_single element to find the information you're looking for (node/cluster status/the status of their interfaces) in JSON or XML, and use PHP's JSON/XML parsers to view those as native PHP arrays.

The examples in the SMC API guide specifically cover retrieving and updating host elements, as they're small and easy to display, but you can retrieve fw_cluster/fw_single elements in the same fashion. Their schema are covered at the Firewall Cluster and Single Firewall pages.