1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 10:17 AM by PhilR RSS

VirusScan 8.8.0 Build 777 and update to Build 1247 problem ...

Hello everybody,

we currently use ePO 5.1.0 Build 509 and besides MSME 7.6 and MSME 8.0, we have McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 2 and VirusScan 8.8.0 Patch 4 checked into our repositories. All is well on our servers, besides some problems with the Agent update to 4.8.0 Patch 2, where we had to re-deploy the agent on some servers to re-enable communication between the client and the ePO-Server, when we upgraded from McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 1.

Now all servers are running McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 2 with VirusScan 8.8.0 Patch 4, except one machine.

This server (Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86 with Exchange Server 2003 SP2) is running McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 2 with VirusScan 8.8.0 Build 777. Activating the status monitor and clicking the 4 first buttons several times and choosing 'Update Security' doesn't help, this server doesn't want to update to Patch 4 of VirusScan 8.8.0.

(Just to be informed, MSME 7.6 is and was never installed on this server.)

Other Windows 2003 servers on the same system tree subgroup level with the same policies and tasks run fine, but the above mentioned Windows 2003 server stays at Build 777.

I have a special system tree subgroup with a task to uninstall all McAfee software automatically. I moved the machine to that subgroup and everything was uninstalled. Then I removed the agent by deleting the object and checked the server via Remotedesktop. McAfee directories under 'C:\Program Files (x86)' and 'C:\Documents and Settings' had been manually removed, as well as McAfee/Network Associates registry keys under HKLM\Software. Then I re-installed the agent, McAfee VirusScan was automatically installed, the DAT signature ist up-to-date, but the Patch level is still at Build 777 and the Buffer Overflow and Access Protection DAT is still on version 657 instead of 659.

Has anybody a clue how to resolve that error?

1 2 3 Previous Next