5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 6:50 PM by catdaddy

Unable to cancel scheduled scan

nicklol

The option to cancel or pause the scan appears, however when I click cancel or pause it doesn't seem to work. instead it stops scanning whichever file it was previously scanning and begins "Scanning: Rootkit" and it gets stuck at whatever percent it was on. I've tried shutting down my computer but as soon as the SecurityCenter reopens it continues to say the exact same thing; It still says "Scan in Progress" and it still says "Scanning: Rootkit". Its been like this since last night. It also won't let me perform any other scans since there is apparently still a scan in progress. However it doesn't seem to be slowing down my computer's performance. This has happened before and the only way I was able to fix it was by completely reinstalling the software. My only other idea is that my computer actually does have malware and Mcafee is having trouble removing it. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Unable to cancel scheduled scan
          catdaddy

You may try this workaround HERE May I ask what Version you are running?

In addition, you may try some of the Superb Mcafee Tools/Others...(Free)

You can locate them under my Signature (Second Link)

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/1/14 5:35:16 PM EDT
          • 2. Re: Unable to cancel scheduled scan
            nicklol

Hi thanks for the reply. It appears to be Version 12.8

• 3. Re: Unable to cancel scheduled scan
              catdaddy

You are perfectly welcome. Please try that workaround,and Free tools as suggested. Please apprise us of your results.

The reason I asked the version, is Version (13.6.953) is being throttled out to consumers.

All the best,

Regards,

• 4. Re: Unable to cancel scheduled scan
                nicklol

Workaround Option 1 in your posted link appears to have been successful after restart. I appreciate the help. I wish I knew what the problem was, but for now I'm just glad I've found a temporary fix. Thanks again for your help!

• 5. Re: Unable to cancel scheduled scan
                  catdaddy

Evidently you had responded while I was attempting to Edit my post.

Please make certain you are up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-ons/Plug-ins. To include Internet Explorer, even if you do not use it for McAfee does to function properly.

Make certain you have the Latest Flash Player Installed as well  (14.0.0.125)

Please uncheck any (Optional Offers) bundled with the Download.

It wouldn,t hurt to run a "Disk Clean/McAfee Quick Clean" as well. to clear your Temporary Internet Files, Temporary Files, Cache.

You may want to check your (Add-ons) in your Browsers to make certain there are  not suspicious ones installed.

Glad that all seems to be okay

All the best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/1/14 7:50:24 PM EDT