2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 1:21 PM by randomeclipse

Default Scheme Vs Alternate Scheme Query

randomeclipse

Hello all,

I have two WG-5000 appliances that service ~2500 users  and was wondering about how I have the partition sizes configured.

Post a recent rebuit I decided (post discussions with McAfee) to flip the partition to the Alternate Scheme, therefore now giving me 40GB of space for the Cache and 188GB for /opt. This made sense to me as with this setup I am able to store considerably more log data on the physical box (aswell as rotating these logs to a Web Reporter), but also feel that 40GB for Cache seems more than enough.....

At present however I am about a week into running with this new scheme and my Cache size is already hitting 40/45%, which is worrying me a little.

That being the case could I query the below with you all please, and you can hopefully provide some reassurance/advice

1. If the Cache continues to fill, what will occur if it hits 100% - is it as simple as no more caching will take place, or will it affect user traffic traversing the rule-base?
      2. Apart from Flushing the Cache, which seems counter productive to me is there anything else I can do to manage the Cache volume from growing too large?

Any tips/tricks or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.