4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 2:42 PM by catdaddy

Problem with trying to install prepurchased McAfee Antivirus Plus

ahansb05

I recently purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus 2014 in which I bought from an outside source.Firstly, I went to the website, as directed, but I could not find the link to put in the activation code..secondly, I looked up a possible link/directions in one of the discussions boards, and it said to go to this link http:// www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcard............so....I went to this link, put in my activation key...and it did not work...I kept getting an error message stating that I need to select the correct langauge, which was correctly selected by the way...so my question is...what do I need to do to resolve this issue????? Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: Problem with trying to install prepurchased McAfee Antivirus Plus
          catdaddy

Hi ahansb05,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. Since you are experiencing difficulties with your installation, you can reach Technical Support (Free) of charge 24/7. Via Chat/or Phone. You can locate the link by either looking below my Signature/or " Useful Links" at the top of this page.

Moderators Ex_Brit, PeaceKeeper have a list of Links in which you could try as well. Unfortunately I personally do not have them at my disposal. Again, TS should be able to resolve your issue.

All the very Best,

Regards,

• 2. Re: Problem with trying to install prepurchased McAfee Antivirus Plus
            catdaddy

I might suggest that this thread would be more appropiate if moved to either " General Discussion- Home and office" or "Home User Assistance" Rather than "Home Network Defense".

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/24/14 2:24:49 AM EDT
            • 3. Re: Problem with trying to install prepurchased McAfee Antivirus Plus
              catdaddy

Due to the fact that the McAfee Servers are temporarily having issues, it may be the case you find it difficult to reach support? I have been offline since early this morning,and was not aware of the fact until Logging in.

Other Moderators have stipulated that McAfee Technicians are dilligently working to resolve any issues.

Just thought I would add that.

Regards

• 4. Re: Problem with trying to install prepurchased McAfee Antivirus Plus
                catdaddy

Hi ahansb05,

I am uncertain if you got your issues installing your McAfee Anti-Virus Plus resolved? However you may wish to read this thread in which Moderator-Ex_Brit provided users with Links to install their (Retail) Card. The thread can be found HERE

After looking at the Link provided,it seems that yours was the same. It most likely could have been due to "Server" issues. If you have not already, I would suggest to try again.

I hope this helps to resolve your problem,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/24/14 3:42:07 PM EDT