7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 10:33 AM by malware-alerts

CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed

snikhil03

Hi ,

I want to generate user report based on the browse time that displayes the top2-30 users and under each users the website the accesssed (with the Category).

It should show the Browse time agaisnt each website and should give me the total browse time for individual users as well.

This is possible with Web reporter premium version and i would like to generate it from CSR .

Can anyone help ?

I attached a sample report from web reporter for one user  and i need similar report from CSR

Regards,

Nikhil

• 1. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
          malware-alerts

Almost the same can be done in CSR (I'm using 2.1, the latest) with:

• Detailed Web Access
            • Multi-Group summary table
              • Values Are : Sum Of "Browse Time"
              • 1st Label: Username (You can chose the maximum you want to display)
              • 2nd Label : SITE (You can chose the maximum you want to display)

Unfortunately there is no way to show User, Site and Category in the same summary table, the category (or the site depending on which you prefer seeing in the summary table) would be available in the drill-down tables though)

You can then chose whichever columns you'd like to see in the drilled-down tables and any filters you'd like (for example: filter for the last 1 day or 1 week only etc.)

I'm attaching screen capture for better understanding

CSR01.JPG

CSR02.JPGCSR03.JPG

Message was edited by: malware-alerts on 6/18/14 4:18:59 PM CDT

Message was edited by: malware-alerts on 6/18/14 4:23:07 PM CDT
          • 2. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
            snikhil03

Hello thanks for the reply.

I am able to generate this report.

However When i add category ,it does not come in the next column .

It comes under each website .

If you see my attachment (from web reporter) it gives in the column.

Any help here?

• 3. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
              malware-alerts

Unfortunately that's a limitation of the ePO reports.

In some aspects WebReporter as advantages that are lost in ePO.

• 4. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
                sroering

Neither CSR nor Web Reporter calculate browse time for sites.  Browsetime is a metric per user only.  So you can say that jdoe has 4 hours of browse time today, but you cannot get accurate results per site. They would effectively be random values. More information at the URL below.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB64344

• 5. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
                  malware-alerts

snikhil03 meant Per User/Per Site, juste like the screencapture he's shown on top.

The only thing CSR/ePO cannot do is create a report that would show a summary table of Browse Time with User / Site / Category (can only show 2 columns within a multigroup summary table).

The other pertinent information is available in the drill-down tables though, like I mentioned (shows individual sites + categories + browse time per user)

Message was edited by: malware-alerts on 6/19/14 9:21:23 AM CDT
                  • 6. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
                    sroering

Hello,

I completely understand what you want, however, browse time is not tracked per site.  It is rather too bad that browse time isn't locked if the report has anything other than username, client IP, and date.  you should not include browse time on a report if you have site or category or anything else besides, username, client IP, and date.

IF AND ONLY IF, your users always use the same proxy AND page views are enabled AND users aren't running weather apps or stock tickers, etc, THEN browse time per site should be pretty good.  But it doesn't mean that Web Reporter or CSR actually tracked browse time per site.

• 7. Re: CSR Reporting- User Activity Report needed
                      malware-alerts

I'm the one who misunderstood what you meant then.

This means this whole report is useless then, considering the total browse time for each user in it is the addiditon of the browse time for each site under each specific user...

Anyway, at the end of the day I'm personally not using browse time per site in my reports (only using per user, then have another report for top websites hits/volume per users) but I have to agree with you that browse time should not be made available if the report has other fields selected...

Thanks for the update.