6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 1:46 PM by fuzziest

Upgrading From ePO 4.6.4 to 4.6.6 - Installer Error - Please help

don_omar

Hi All , Putting it simle ... We have a Windows 2008 Server running Mcafee ePO 4.6.4

We have decided to upgrade the ePO to 4.6.6 (Name of the file is EPO466L.zip). I have downloaded the zipped installer from My downloads page after inserting the

build number. This machine is a Virtual machine hence i am not worried to much about the backup , i have already taken a snapshot of the server.

Everything was fine BUT.... when i try to run the installer , i get this weird error popup saying

Windows Installer : Another version of this product is already installed. INstallation of this version can not continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove program.

Why on earth shall i do that ??? I mean i have checked each and every single PDF document down there and googled every corner. I could not find a solution for the problem i am facing. Does this means that we can not perform an in place upgrade from 4.6.4 to 4.6.6 ??

Can some one kindly get me the steps in order to go ahead and run this upgrade snoothly.